ACE will develop and provide meaningful curriculum and relevant resources to build the capacity of educators as they support students to achieve proficiency.
Montana’s leader in curriculum and professional development
ACE supports schools with implementing standards-based instruction, assessment, grading, and reporting (SBGR) because it:
- Allows transparent and honest feedback to learners, and it’s precise enough for diagnosis and prescription.
- Provides an efficient process that allows more time for relevant and authentic experiences for our learners.
- Prepares learners and develop skills they need to be self-navigating.
ACE supports school leaders and teachers with standards-based instruction, curriculum, assessment, and grading. If a school wants to transition toward reporting as well, ACE can provide professional learning. Depending on the readiness of a district, implementation of standards-based reporting takes at least 3-5 years.
Member schools have access to our foundational summer institutes and then work sessions in our regions throughout the school year. Event Listing
School leaders wanting to learn more about ACE are invited to attend the school leader institute in Billings, June 14, 2021.
Strategic Direction and Goals
Funding: Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement seeks diverse sources of funding and expanding membership.
- Goal 1: Establish 501c3
- Goal 2: Provide regional offerings and look for opportunities to invite non-member schools for a fee
- Goal 3: Develop a fee for services model while continuing to build internal, organizational capacity and expertise to deliver services
- Goal 4: If clear goals or needs arise that align with our strategic plan, seek out and pursue grants
- Goal 5: Develop corporate partnerships and sponsorships
Programs: Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement’s programs is focused on our core mission to provide cost-effective, affordable professional development opportunities related to curriculum and assessment that are responsive to the needs of the membership
- Goal 1: Develop and implement teacher leader training opportunities
- Goal 2: Implement and maintain the five-year curriculum revision cycle while continuing to refine the process
- Goal 3: Periodically update and review program plan with membership input
Visibility and Leadership: Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement strives to be the state’s leader in curriculum development through positive public relations and awareness of student achievement in member schools
- Goal 1: Continue to provide professional development for administrators
- Goal 2: Develop model curriculum including year-long context maps, unit frameworks, daily lesson plans, and samples activities and common assessments
- Goal 3: Create an annual external communications plan and review outcomes and successes
- Goal 4: Monitor outcomes and celebrate successes
Governance and Operations: Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement has a committed board and dedicated staff. ACE will continue to develop systems to maintain its legal and non-profit status and establish a “home base” for operations.
- Goal 1: Develop bylaws, policies, and procedures, implement, and review on a regular basis
- Goal 2: Establish clearly defined board roles and responsibilities as part of an open meeting process
- Goal 3: Review staffing needs and compensation annually
- Goal 4: Seek a permanent home base and the technology necessary to effectively carry out its programs
- Goal 5: Pursue and maintain IT for our website services